28 Mar Spinal Cord Stimulator Treatment for Chronic Pain
A Spinal Cord Stimulator, or SCS, is a device that is surgically implanted in the body. It is used to send mild electrical pulses to the spinal cord nerves for the management and relief of chronic pain.
SCS is typically recommended for patients, who –
- have been unable to achieve relief with conservative or non-surgical therapies, such as oral medication and steroid injections.
- have been through and failed invasive procedures, such as back surgery
- suffer from pain even after surgery
- suffer from chronic peripheral neuropathy or plexopathy
- have been diagnosed with illnesses like Multiple Sclerosis
SCS is an innovative treatment that focuses on some of the most difficult pain issues a person can be challenged with. This technology gives patients an excellent chance to have a pain-free life, resume everyday activities, and regain control of their lives.
SCS offers several benefits, such as –
- Spinal cord stimulation therapy is reversible.
- SCS offers adjustable pain relief.
- SCS is a minimally invasive procedure.
- SCS helps to reduce opioid use.
- SCS can be used for targeted pain relief with minimal side effects.
- SCS is a cost-effective pain relief treatment, compared to other alternatives, including non-surgical treatments.
- No refills are needed in SCS. It can continue for years, without the need for new pills or doctor visits.