24 Oct Suffering from Chronic Abdominal Pain?
Abdominal pain is the pain that occurs in the belly area. This type of pain is a common medical complaint and should usually resolve without treatment. However, sometimes abdominal pain becomes chronic and disabling. If you or a loved one is suffering from chronic abdominal pain, it is important to get a medical evaluation at a trusted pain management clinic done.
Causes of Abdominal Pain
Abdominal pain can be caused due to several reasons, such as appendicitis, ulcers and Crohn’s disease. Patients experiencing abdominal pain along with fever, vomiting and/or painful urination should consult a pain management specialist.
Prepare for your Pain Specialist Appointment
Before your appointment with your pain management doctor, answering these questions will help your pain doctor diagnose and treat your abdominal pain better.
- Did your abdominal pain begin as a result of an injury?
- Are there any movements that increase or decrease your abdominal pain?
- What abdominal pain symptoms you have been feeling and for how long?
- What does your abdominal pain feel like – aching, shooting, burning or something else?
- What kind of work do you do?
- Have you already tried any treatments or medications for abdominal pain relief? Did you experience any relief? If yes, for how long?
Treatment Options for Abdominal Pain
There are several abdominal pain management and treatment options, including –
- Physical Therapy
- Trigger Point Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
If you have been experiencing abdominal pain for more than six months, consult a pain specialist immediately.